Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

4th of July weekend is finally over and I am barely starting to recover. It all started Friday morning with my parents and brothers coming into town for a party/BBQ at Bradford's parents house in Virden. So the weekend starts...

I was trying to brag to my mom about my shooting skills (I hit more skeets than I missed, pretty dang good eh?)


Bradford and Derek

Friday after Bradford got home from work we got ready and headed out to Bradford's parents house in Virden for a "big bash". The night was filled with horseshoes, shooting skeets, food, and fireworks. We only had one injury all night and it was Annie's poor little boy Isaac suffered a sparkler to the eye and now has a burn around his eye making it look like he got punched. All in all it was a VERY fun night!


Garrett
Saturday was the 4th and like my father, he was up and ready to go at 5 while the rest of us were still trying to recover with some extra sleep. We started the morning off hitting up the local antique stores looking for a present for my Grandpa Brown's birthday. We went swimming and I suffered the first sunburn of the summer. We ended sitting in Aunt Sharon's front yard watching the fireworks while drinking Coke's. (ah the sweet nectar of life!)

Dad working the thrower

I am glad my parents got to come and visit for a weekend and I never turn down a chance for my mom to buy me a new dress! HAHA! Spoiled, I know!

Derek (trying and wishing he was as good as me! :)

4 comments:

Annie Taylor said...

Loved hearing about your weekend in your words (you tell it so well). Glad you had a good weekend.

Rae Lynn said...

It's about time you get on this! :}

Unknown said...

Hey, tell your bro good luck for me...and congrats on a good life...see you all in a few months.

Kamala said...

Hey! So I was totally just thinking after I saw you at church, "I wonder if Val has a blog..." lo and behold... :) I have a blog but good luck looking at it because it's private, BAHAHA!! Jk. I suppose if you give me your email address I could hook ya up; things aren't very exciting right now but in September it's about to get CraAaAzZyY!! lol.